Brunch is a relatively new global food trend, and Barcelona hasn’t put up much resistance to it. Although completely different than the traditional Mediterranean breakfast, brunch is now in Barcelona to stay. Contrary to traditional Spanish dining habits, in which breakfast isn’t copious and leaves space for lunch, considered the most important meal of the day, brunch is a strong and energetic way to start the day.

Whether you’re looking to have an early breakfast and start the day with energy, or you’ve woken up slowly after a late night and want to join breakfast and lunch at the same time, brunch is always a good option. An excellent way to stock up the energy needed to make the most of your day visiting Barcelona and its wide array of activities and things to do.

We’ve drawn up this list of the best brunch eateries in Barcelona so that you don’t have to look any further. You’ll see that some of these restaurants are more conventional, with the classic tables to sit down and have a waiter take your order, while others are more modern.

Without further ado, take a look at this listing and choose where you want to enjoy a hearty dish of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and coffee… Among countless of options!

The best brunch restaurants in Barcelona

La Esquina

Located in the heart of the city, next to Plaça Catalunya, La Esquina is the place to go if you’re looking for the best classic brunch in Barcelona. The image of their eggs benedict, avocado or smoked salmon on toast or their great selection of pastries is sure to make your mouth water while reading this.

También puede interesarte:  Luxury Events in Barcelona

Start your day at La Esquina with a copious brunch with café con leche to gather the strength needed to enjoy a good day. Or ditch the coffee for a bloody mary, among their different cocktails offered on their brunch menu. The go-to restaurant in downtown Barcelona for lovers of the classic brunch.

Flax&Kale

What distinguishes Flax&Kale from other brunch eateries in Barcelona, where scrambled eggs and bacon prevail, is that its menu is probably the healthiest out there. The concept of this restaurant is based around a flexitarian offer which carefully calculates the nutritional value and healthiness of its dishes. In fact, 80% of their food is plant-based while the remaining 20% is centered around fish.

However, don’t mistake healthiness for small servings. Their dishes are all hearty and sure to give you the energy needed to do whatever you want with your day.

Flax&Kale is located downtown on Carrer Tallers, next to Plaça Universitat, also an area of the city where you’ll find some of the best Barcelona apartments.

Federal Cafè

This small and cozy restaurant in the vibrant neighborhood of Sant Antoni specializes in breakfasts, and as such is one of the best stops for a nourishing and filling brunch in Barcelona. Its selection of natural juices, eggs, sausages, fruit and sandwiches will cater to all tastes. And not to be overlooked is their efficient and friendly service, always an important factor to consider. Federal Cafè will most definitely help you start your day on the right foot!

Brunch & Cake

Brunch & Cake is located in the most centric area of the Eixample neighborhood, on Enric Granados street. For those of you who don’t know it, this is a beautiful area of Barcelona full of cozy terraces to enjoy a drink or a nice meal.

También puede interesarte:  Luxury Swimming Pools in Barcelona

As its name indicates, Brunch & Cake is a restaurant specializing in everything brunch-related. You’ll find here the classic bacon and eggs brunch, but also some of their inventive dining creations. Quinoa veggie burger or the strawberry, brie cheese and caramelized onion sandwich are two examples which simply stand out. As one of the most popular restaurants for brunch in Barcelona, make sure to get there early in order to avoid waiting in line. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.

Happy brunching!